Chalkboard Background

Chalkboard Background

Saturday, March 15, 2014

It's Go Time!!!

Hubby and I left our kiddos with J and L for the three days that we would be in California for the transfer. We took off on a Tuesday evening. Our transfer appointment was scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. First thing we did when we landed in California was find an In N' Out. Idaho doesn't have such fine fast food. Wednesday morning we enjoyed an amazing breakfast at a restaurant we found on Yelp then spent a bunch of money at an incredible outlet mall.
In N' Out
Flying Toward the Ocean

I really wasn't nervous for our transfer. The other surro moms I had talked to said it was really fast and completely pain free. We arrived at the office at 1:15 for our 1:30 appointment. Oh, I left out taking the vallium. I was prescribed one vallium to take prior to transfer just to calm me down and make sure I was totally relaxed for the transfer. Pretty uneventful and really just made me feel like I'd had half a glass of wine. (Which I had been missing!!!!) We were told by the nurse that they were running a few minutes behind because the woman who had the transfer scheduled right before us had emptied her bladder (something you're not supposed to do just before a transfer). They were waiting for her to "fill back up" and then it would be our turn. We walked back at 1:45.

Our amazing doctor met us in the procedure room where beautiful spa music was playing. All it was missing was someone to give a hand massage while I laid there! She went through what to expect and had me undress from the waist down then cover up with a nice warm blanket. The entire process of the actual transfer itself is quite systematic and official. I was spread open and while Dr. A held me open a nurse pressed on my abdomen with an ultrasound wand so they could see exactly where the catheter was for the babies to pass through. There was a knock on the back door and a gentleman walked in. He asked for my name and asked me to confirm we were transferring two embryos. He then walked out and shut the door. 30 seconds later he came back in with a super long tube attached to a syringe. He handed the babies off to the Dr and stepped out. Dr A immediately placed the tube inside my uterus and released the babies into their new home. We were able to watch on a monitor them go in. Really you can't see anything but the air bubbles from the solution the babies are in in the syringe. Dr A said it went perfectly and removed the tube. She knocked on the door and the gentleman came back in. He took the syringe from her and went back out to double check that the babies did in fact leave the tube. We were given the all clear! Dr A told me to stay comfy and rest on my back for 5 minutes.
Two Perfect Babies!!!

Three Weeks Pregnant!


















After the 5 minutes I was able to dress and meet Dr A in the hallway for a quick photo before we headed back to the hotel.

At the hotel I took a nap that lasted just over 3 hours! Then the hubby and I binged on HGTV and terrible chinese take out.

The next day was spent mostly in bed but with a quick and easy trip to Trader Joes for snacks and a beautiful drive to see the ocean. Dinner was an amazing meal at a Cuban restaurant then back to the hotel for a good night's rest before heading home the next morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment