Chalkboard Background

Chalkboard Background

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hey, do you guys wanna use my uterus?

We had our first face-to-face meeting with J & L to discuss all things surrogacy. Since first confirming that they did want to meet with us and talk about the option of surrogacy I had been so anxious. What made me so anxious was that I had already in my heart and mind made the decision that I did want to be their surrogate and was hoping that they too wanted that. Until tonight I wasn't sure if this was even something they wanted to seriously consider. They came over at 8:30pm. Our kiddos go to bed at 7:30 so they had just fallen asleep and given us a quiet house to talk in. Again, J & L are related to us so we did not have to go through awkward introductions but rather welcomed them in with lots of hugs and hot tea. We began our conversation simply with us telling them how we had come to our decision to offer them surrogacy and them telling us why they did in fact favor this option. I was thrilled to hear they did want to pursue this with us and instantly my heart rate came down and I'm sure my blood pressure leveled out. L told me that she would 100% be there with us through all of it and that too gave me quite a bit of peace knowing this situation was very much meant to be. L will be making a few calls tomorrow to set up appointments with lawyers and a reproductive center here in Boise. The reproductive doctor will be the deciding factor on whether or not I can physically go through with a pregnancy but we are all hopeful that we will be given the green light. Right now I'm very excited at the thought of being trusted with such a wonderful gift. I'm a little nervous to hear how our families will take news. Already I have told my mother and her reaction wasn't quite as I had hoped but I will assume she has the mommy concern so on fire in her that she is just looking out for her own baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment