Chalkboard Background

Chalkboard Background

Friday, October 18, 2013

Green Light from the Parents!!

J&L obviously wanted full approval from their relatives before making the final decision on going forward with surrogacy. They met with their parents last night and were quite relieved to hear that everyone is extremely excited and approving of their decision to use us as their surrogate. This was a big relief and I'll be honest, I was glued to my phone all day yesterday waiting for their parents' answer :) She messaged me this morning and P and I were thrilled to hear we could go forward. The next step is meeting with a fertility doctor to have all of our medical questions answered. P&I have two children biologically. Our first was born 5-weeks premature. He was perfectly healthy and the doctors said there was no medical explanation for my body going into labor although there really is no answer why women go into premature labor. Our second was full term. We are hoping that the fertility doctor will have no concerns and we will be able to go forward. We are so excited for J&L and can only imagine the excitement they are feeling. I walked past a baby store last night and was reminiscing about the time our own children were born and what an amazing experience and adventure it has been. We are thrilled to be able to be a part of another family's adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment